The selected publications in 2014:
1. Ngoc T.TB. Nguyen and Zhangxin Chen, A New Approch for Optimization and Uncertainty Assessment of Surfactant-Polymer Flooding, SPE-172003-MS, Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2014.
2. Arash Mirzabozorg, Long Nghiem, Heng Li, Chaodong Yang, and Zhangxin Chen, A New Look at Conflicting Multiple Objectives Optimization Using Fuzzy Rules-Based System, SPE-172003-MS, Society of Petroleum Engineers.
3. Hui Liu, Bo Yang and Zhangxin Chen, Accelerating the GMRES solver with Block ILU(k) Preconditioner on GPU in Reservoir Simulation, accepted.
4. Amin Sharifi Haddad, Hassan Hassanzadeh, Jalal Abedi and Zhangxin Chen, Application of tracer injection tests to characterize rock matrix block size distribution and dispersivity in fractured aquifers, Journal of Hydrology, 510, pp. 504-512, 2014.
5. Amin Sharifi Haddad, Hassan Hassanzadeh, Jalal Abedi, Zhangxin Chen and Antony Ware, Characterization of Scale-Dependent Dispersivity in Fractured Formations Through a Divergent Flow Tracer Test, Groundwater, Methods Note, 2014, doi: 10.1111/gwat.12187.
6. Cuong T.Q. Dang, Long X. Nghiem, Zhangxin Chen, Ngoc T.B. Nguyen, Quoc P. Nguyen, CO2 Low Salinity Water Alternating Gas: A New Promising Approach for Enhanced Oil Recovery, SPE 169071-MS, SPE international, 2014.
7. S. Reza Etminan, Brij B. Maini and Zhangxin Chen, Determination of mass transfer parameters in solvent-based oil recovery techniques using a non-equilibrium boundary condition at the interface, Fuel, 120, pp.218-232, 2014.
8. Ziqiang Guo, Mingzhe Dong, Zhangxin Chen and Jun Yao, Dominant Scaling Groups of Polymer Flooding for Enhanced Heavy Oil Recovery, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 52, pp. 911-921, 2013.
9. H. Saboorian-Jooybari, NISOC, M.Dejam and Z. Chen, Equilibrium or Nonequilibrium Models: A Critical Issue in Determination of Gas Diffusivity in Oil, SPE 170030, SPE international, 2014.
10. Arash Mirzabozorg, Long Nghiem, Zhangxin Chen, Chaodong Yang and Heng Li, How does the Incorporation of Engineering Knowledge using Fuzzy Logic during History Matching Impact Reservoir Performance Prediction? SPE-170011-MS, SPE international, 2014.
11. Shauheen Etminan, Farzam Javadpour, Bril B. Maini and Zhangxin Chen, Measurement of Gas Storage Processed in Shale and of the Molecular Diffusion Coefficient in Kerogen, International Journal of Coal Geology, 2013, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.coal.2013.10.007.
12. Jinze Xu, Zhangxin Chen, Yangguo Yu and Jili Cao, Numerical Thermal Simulation and Optimization of Hybrid CSS_SAGD Process in Long Lake with Lean Zones, SPE-170149-MS, SPE International.
13. Zhangxin Chen, Jian Sun, Ruihe Wang and Xiaodong Wu, Peudo_Bubble Point Model and its Simulation for Foamy Oil in Porous Media, SPE International.
14. Morteza Dejam, Hassan Hassanzadeh and Zhangxin Chen, Reinfiltration through liquid bridges formed between two Matrix Blocks in Fractured Rocks, Journal of Hydrology, 2014.
15. Morteza Dejam, Hassan Hassanzadeh, and Zhangxin Chen, Analytical Solutions for a Partically Penetrated Well with Wellbore Storage and Skin Effects in a Double Porosity system with a Gas Cap, Transp. Porous Med, 100, 159-192, 2013.
16. Ehsan Ranjbar, Hassan Hassanzadeh, and Zhangxin Chen, Semianalytical Solutions for Release of Fluids from Rock Matrix Blocks with Different Shapes, Sizes, and Depletion Regimes, Water Resourses Research, 49, 2174-2196. 2014.
17. Morteza Dejam, Hassan Hassanzadeh, and Zhangxin Chen, Shape of Liquid Bridges in a Horizontal Fracture, Journal of Fluid Flow, Heat and Mass Transfer, 1, 2014, DOI: 10.11159/jffhmt.2014.001.
18. Mirteza Dejam, Hassan Hassanzadeh, and Zhangxin Chen, Shear Dispersion in a Fracture with Porous Walls, Advances in Water Resourses, 74, pp. 14-25, 2014.
19. Cuong T.Q. Dang, Long X. Nghiem, Zhangxin Chen, Quoc P. Nguyen, Ngoc T.B. Nguyen, State of the Art Low Salinity Waterflooding for Enhanced Oil Recovery, SPE-165930, SPE International, 2013.
20. L. Taabbodi, Z. Chen, and S. Geiger, Transient Shape Factors for Thermal Flow Simulation in Naturally Fractured Reservoirs A Concept, SPE-171083, SPE International, 2014.
If you are a subscriber, you can log in and click here to download the above papers.
More papers and books:
21. Z. Chen, J. Sun, R. Wang and X. Wu, A pseudo-bubble point model and its simulation for foamy oil in porous media, SPE-172345-PA, accepted in publication of SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineers) Journal, May 28, 2014. pdf
22. M. Seifi, J. Abedi and Z. Chen, Application of porous media approach to simulate UCG process, Fuel 116 (2014), 191-200. pdf
23. S.R. Etminan, B.B. Maini, and Z. Chen, Determination of mass transfer parameters in solvent-based oil recovery techniques using a non-equilibrium boundary condition at the interface, Fuel 120 (2014), 218-232. pdf
24. H. Liu, Z. Chen, S. Yu, B. Hsieh, and S. Lei, Development of a restricted additive Schwarz preconditioner for sparse linear systems on NVIDIA GPU, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling-B, 5 (2014), 13-20. pdf
25. S.R. Etminan, M. Pooladi-Darvish, B.B. Maini, and Z. Chen, Modeling the interface resistance in low soluble gaseous solvents-heavy oil systems, Fuel 105 (2013), 672-687. pdf
26. J. Li and Z. Chen, On the semi-discrete stabilized finite volume method for the transient Navier-Stokes equations, Advances in Computational Math, 38 (2013), 281-320. pdf
27. H. Nourozieh, M. Kariznovi, J. Abedi, and Z. Chen, Simulation study and kinetic parameter estimation of underground coal gasification in Alberta reservoirs, Chemical Engineering Research and Design 91 (2013), 464-476. pdf
28. K. Ghesmat, H. Hassanzadeh, J. Abedi, and Z. Chen, Frontal stability of reactive nanoparticle transport during in situ catalytic upgrading of heavy oil, Fuel 107 (2013), 525-538. pdf
29. Z. Guo, M. Dong, Z. Chen and J. Yao, Dominant scaling groups of polymer flooding for enhanced heavy oil recovery, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research 52 (2013), 911-921. pdf
30. Z. Chen, Z. Wang, L. Zhu and J. Li, Analysis of the pressure projection stabilization method for the Darcy and coupled Darcy-Stokes flows, Computational Geosciences 17 (2013), 1079-1091. pdf
31. Z. Guo, M. Dong, Z. Chen and J. Yao, A fast and effective method to evaluate the polymer flooding potential for heavy oil reservoirs in Western Canada, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 112 (2013), 335-340. pdf
32. M. H. Nikpoor, R. Kharrat and Z. Chen, The Modeling of 3D Compositional Grading and Plus Fraction Molecular Weight Change in Non-isothermal Petroleum Reservoirs, Journal of Energy Sources, 35 (2013), 99-109. pdf
33. E. Ranjbar, H. Hassanzadeh and Z. Chen, Semi-analytical solutions for release of fluids from rock matrix blocks with different shapes, sizes and depletion regimes, Water Resources Research, 49 (4), 2174-2196, 2013. pdf
34. H. Liu, S. Yu, Z. Chen, B. Hsieh and S. Lei, Sparse matrix-vector multiplication on NVIDIA GPUs, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Series B, 3 (2012), 185-191. pdf
35. M.J. Shafaei, J. Abedi, H. Hassanzadeh and Z. Chen, Reverse gas-lift technology for CO2 injection into deep saline aquifers, Energy, 45 (1), 840-849, 2012. pdf
36. M. Bahonar, J. Azaiez, and Z. Chen, Two issues in wellbore heat flow modeling along with the prediction of casing temperature in the steam injection wells, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 50 (2011), 43-63. pdf
37. K. Ghesmat, H. Hassanzadeh, J. Abedi, and Z. Chen, Influence of nanoparticles on the dynamics of miscible Hele-Shaw flows, Journal of Applied Physics 109 (2011), 104907-104915. pdf
38. M. Seifi, Z. Chen, and J. Abedi, Numerical simulation of underground coal gasification using the CRIP method, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering 9999 (2011), 1-8. pdf
39. C. Dong, M. Bahonar, Z. Chen, and J. Azaiez, Development of an Algorithm of Dynamic Gridding for Multiphase Flow Calculation in Wells, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 50 (2011), 35-44. pdf
40. M. Bahonar, J. Azaiez, and Z. Chen, Transient nonisothermal fully coupled wellbore/reservoir model for gas well testing, Part I: Modeling, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 50 (2011), 37-50. pdf
41. M. Bahonar, J. Azaiez, and Z. Chen, Transient nonisothermal fully coupled wellbore/reservoir model for gas well testing, Part II: Applications, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology 50 (2011), 51-70. pdf
42. E. Ranjbar, H. Hassanzadeh, and Z. Chen, Effect of fracture pressure depletion regimes on the dual-porosity shape factor for flow of compressible fluids in fractured porous media, Advances in Water Resources, 34 (12), 1681-1693, 2011. pdf
43. S. R. Etminan, B. Maini, Z. Chen, and H. Hassanzadeh, Constant-pressure technique for gas diffusivity and solubility measurements in heavy oils and bitumen, Energy and Fuels, 24 (2010), 533-549. pdf
44. H. Nourozieh, M. Kariznovi, Z. Chen, and J. Abedi, Simulation study of underground coal gasification in Alberta reservoirs, Part I: Geological structure and process modeling, Energy and Fuels 24 (2010), 3540-3550. pdf
45. M. Bahonar, J. Azaiez, and Z. Chen, A semi-unsteady state wellbore steam/water flow model for prediction of sandface conditions in steam injection wells, Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology, 49 (2010), 13-21. pdf
46. Z. Chen, On the heterogeneous multiscale method with various macroscopic solvers, Nonlinear Analysis Series A: Theory, Methods & Applications 71 (2009), 3267-3282. pdf
47. Z. Chen and T. Savchuk, Analysis of the multiscale finite element method for nonlinear and random homogenization problems, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 46 (2008), 260-279. pdf
48. Z. Chen, M. Cui, T. Savchuk, and X. Yu, The multiscale finite element method with nonconforming elements for elliptic homogenization problems, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation 7 (2008), 517-538. pdf
49. R. Wang, Z. Chen, J. Qin, and M. Zhao, Performance of drainage experiments with Orinoco Belt Heavy Oil in a long laboratory core in Simitated reservoir conditions, SPE Journal, December (2008), 474-479. pdf
50. L. Shen and Z. Chen, Critical review of the impact of tortuosity on diffusion, Chemical Engineering Science 62 (2007), 3748-3755. pdf
51. Z. Chen, Y. Ma, and G. Chen, A sequential numerical chemical compositional simulator. Transport in Porous Media 68 (2007), 389-411. pdf
52. J. Li, Y. He, and Z. Chen, A new stabilized finite element method for the transient Navier-Stokes equations, Computer Methodsin Applied Mechanics and Engineering 197 (2007), 22-35. pdf
53. J. Li, Y. He, and Z. Chen, A new stabilized finite element method based on local Gauss integral technique for the transient Navier-Stokes equations. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 197 (1-4): 22-35, 2007. pdf
54. Z. Chen, G. Huan, and H. Wang, Computer simulation of compositional flow using an unstructured control volume finite element methods, Computing, 78 (2006), 31-53. pdf
55. Z. Chen, G. Huan and Y. Ma, Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media. Computational Science and Engineering Series, 2, SIAM, Philadelphia, 531 pages (book), http://epubs.siam.org/doi/book/10.1137/1.9780898718942
56. Z. Chen, Finite Element Methods and Their Applications. Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg and New York, 410 pages (book), 2005.
57. Z. Chen, G. Huan, and B. Li, An improved IMPES method for two-phase flow in porous media, Transport in Porous Media 54 (2004), 361-376. pdf
58. B. Li, Z. Chen, and G. Huan, Control volume function approximation methods and their applications to modeling porous media flow II: The black oil model, Advancesin Water Resources 27 (2004), 99-120. pdf
59. Y. Ma and Z. Chen, Parallel computation for reservoir thermal simulation of multicomponent and multiphase fluid flow, Journal of Computational Physics 201 (2004), 224-237. pdf
60. B. Li, Z. Chen, and G. Huan, Control volume function approximation methods and their applications to modeling porous media flow II: The black oil model. Advances in Water Resources 27 (2): 99-120, 2004. pdf
61. B. Li, Z. Chen, and G. Huan, Control volume function approximation methods and their applications to modeling porous media flow I: The two-phase flow, Advances inWater Resources 26 (2003), 435-444. pdf
62. B. Li, Z. Chen, and G. Huan, The sequential method for the black-oil reservoir simulation on unstructured grids, Journal of Computational Physics 192 (2003), 36-72. pdf
63. Z. Chen, Degenerate two-phase incompressible flow II: Regularity, stability and stabilization, J. Diff. Equations 186 (2002), 345-376. pdf
64. Z. Chen, Degenerate two-phase incompressible flow I: Existence, uniqueness and regularity of a weak solution, J. Diff. Equations 171 (2001), 203-232. pdf
65. Z. Chen, G. Qin, and R. E. Ewing, Analysis of a compositional model for fluid flow in porous media, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 60 (2000), 747-777. pdf
66. Z. Chen, Formulations and numerical methods of the black-oil model in porous media, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 38 (2000), 489-514. pdf
67. Z. Chen, D. Y. Kwak and Y. J. Yon, Multigrid algorithms for nonconforming and mixed methods for nonsymmetric and indefinite problems, SIAM J. Scientific Computing 19 (1998), 502-515. pdf
68. Z. Chen and P. Oswald, Multigrid and multilevel methods for nonconforming Q1 elements, Math. Comp. 67 (1998), 667-693. pdf
69. Z. Chen and R. E. Ewing, Stability and convergence of a finite element method for reactive transport in ground water, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 34 (1997), 881-904. pdf
70. Z. Chen and R. E. Ewing, From single-phase to compositional flow: applicability of mixed finite elements, Transport in Porous Media 27 (1997), 225-242. pdf
71. Z. Chen and R. E. Ewing, Fully-discrete finite element analysis of multiphase flow in groundwater hydrology, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 34 (1997), 2228-2253. pdf
72. Z. Chen, R. E. Ewing and R. Lazarov, Domain decomposition algorithms for mixed methods for second order elliptic problems, Math. Comp. 65 (1996), 467-490. pdf
73. Z. Chen, R. E. Ewing, Y. Kuznetsov, R. Lazarov and S. Maliassov, Multilevel preconditioners for mixed methods for second order elliptic problems, Numerical LinearAlgebra and Applications 3 (1996), 427-453. pdf
74. Z. Chen, B. Cockburn, C. Gardner and J. W. Jerome, Quantum hydrodynamic simulation of hysteresis in the resonant tunneling diode, J. Comp. Physics 117 (1995), 274-280. pdf
75. Z. Chen, B. Cockburn, J. W. Jerome and C. W. Shu, Mixed-RKDG finite element methods for the 2-D hydrodynamic model for semiconductor device simulation, VLSIDesigns 3 (1995), 145-158. pdf
76. T. Arbogast and Z. Chen, On the implementation of mixed methods as nonconforming methods for second order elliptic problems, Math. Comp. 64 (1995), 943-972. pdf
77. Z. Chen and J. Douglas, Jr., Prismatic mixed finite elements for second order elliptic problems, Calcolo 26 (1989), 135-148. pdf
78. T.B.N. Nguyen, Z. Chen, L.X. Nghiem, T.Q.C. Dang, and C. Yang, “A New Approach for Optimization and Uncertainty Assessment of Surfactant-Polymer Flooding”, Paper SPE 172003-MS, Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference, Abu Dhabi, UAE, November 10-13, 2014. pdf
79. T.Q.C. Dang, L.X. Nghiem, Z. Chen, and T.B.N. Nguyen, “CO2 Low Salinity Water Alternating Gas: A New Promising Approach for Enhanced Oil Recovery”, Paper SPE 169071-MS, the 19th SPE Improved Oil Recovery Symposium, Tulsa, OK, USA, April 12–16, 2014. pdf
80. Z. Chen, H. Liu, S. Yu, B. Hsieh, and S. Lei, Reservoir Simulation on NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, Recent Advances in Scientific Computing and Applications, ed. By J. Li et al., Contemporary Mathematics, 586, American Mathematical Society, pp. 125-134, 2013. pdf
81. T.Q.C. Dang, L.X. Nghiem, Z. Chen, and T.B.N. Nguyen, State-of-the Art Low Salinity Waterflooding for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Paper SPE 165903, the 2013 SPE Asia Pacific Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition, Jakarta, Indonesia, October 22-24, 2013. pdf
82. C. T. Q. Dang, L. Nghiem, Z. Chen, and Q. P. Nguyen, Modeling Low Salinity Waterflooding: Ion Exchange, Geochemistry and Wettability Alteration, SPE 166447, the 2013 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, New Orleans, LA, USA, September 30-October 2, 2013. pdf
83. Y. Wei, Z. Chen, M. Satyro, C. Dong, H. Deng, and S. Yu, Compositional Simulation Using the Advanced Peng-Robinson Equation of State, SPE-141898, 2011 SPE Reservoir Simulation Symposium, Woodlands, Texas, February 21-23, 2011. pdf